For dinner tonight, I made Slow Cooker Tomato Chicken from allrecipes.com. I love a meal I can throw in the crock pot in the morning and have dinner pretty much done! So great! This was good – my husband commented that it was a little bland but I didn’t think so. I served it over instant brown rice and then roasted some zucchini as a side dish. This was a very inexpensive meal! Chicken was on sale for $1.98 a pound and I used about a pound. I purchased the tomato sauce on sale for $0.29 and I already had the diced tomatoes but I did see them in a sale ad for $1 (go HERE for a $1 off 4 cans coupon). For the zucchini, I just diced it up and tossed it with olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and season salt (click on each for a coupon link). (When you see a word highlighted, it is linked to another site – on the recipes, it will link you to a coupon!!!! Lots of coupons for this one!!)
- 5 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – I only used 2 chicken breasts (they were huge though!)
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil – I used plain diced tomatoes and then added about 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen peas – I completely forgot to add the peas, OOPS!
- I also added one can of tomato sauce
- Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker. Stir together the tomatoes, garlic, soy sauce, and dry mustard; pour over the chicken breasts.
- Cook on Low 7 hours; stir in peas and cook 1 hour more. I shredded the chicken after it was done cooking.