After dinner, I decided I needed to do something with three over-ripe bananas on my counter. This is my all time favorite banana bread recipe so thought I would share. I got it from simplyrecipes.com.
Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour – I use 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- I added about 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour – I only cook it for about 45 minutes. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.