Okay, I was craving dessert tonight so I made Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies – YUM! I found a good deal on oats a while back and I needed a good recipe to use some of them up – this was perfect!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies from all recipes.com
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, margarine, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats until just combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. (I always use parchment paper when baking cookies – no sticking at all and easy clean-up!)
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until just light brown. Don’t over-bake. Cool and store in an airtight container.